Athletics at SJL
Physical education in any form gives every student the opportunity to learn cooperation, develop motor skills, and master a variety of complex physical activities as they relate to fitness, conditioning, and team sports.
Interscholastic athletic teams are available to students in grades 5-8.
Our athletes are expected to:
- Exemplify Christian sportsmanship through fair play.
- Use their God-given talents to the best of their ability.
- Realize their dependence on, and display cooperation with, their teammates.
- Understand that they are creating the foundations for a lifelong enjoyment of sports.
- Consider the success of the team above their individual accomplishments.
- Recognize that their actions as team members also help to establish a more personal relationship with their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
The athletic director, the coaches, and the administration of St. John Lutheran School are united in their efforts to help all students achieve these goals. Their efforts, with the Holy Spirit’s guidance, will assure a setting in which the student-athletes’ talents will be recognized, developed, and utilized in a Christian manner which will serve to enrich the lives of both spectators and participants.
Boys: cross country, basketball, track & field
Girls: cross country, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, track & field